Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I dropped the girls off at the playroom this morning. They have a reserved spot for June and July on Wednesday mornings from 9-12. As much as I hate dropping them off, it really does them (and me) good. Charlotte cried, "Mommmmmeeeee!!!!" and ran after me. My heart was breaking a little but I just said "goodbye" and kept on going. I peeked in the window seconds later and she was sitting on the floor next to E playing with the dollhouse. Take a deep breath Mom. Your girls CAN survive without you for a couple of hours. I ran home (after a quick stop at Starbucks) and worked around the house frantically until pick up time. They were playing nicely with other kids when I got there and didn't even want to go.
We headed over to Wallingford to visit Bridget (our nanny) who had invited us over to play and have lunch. The girls had a super fun time exploring her home and getting into anything within reach. Sorry Bridget! We took a nice walk to Wallingford center to visit Trophy cupcake shop (yummy) and get a treat. It took quite awhile to walk 3 blocks because Evelyn had to stop and inspect every flower she encountered. That cupcake sure was worth it!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awww I know it is hard but you and the girls both deserve a break and obviously everyone enjoyed it! Congrats!
-h